This recipe is awesome for a snack or small munchie to have with drinks before a meal. It’s easy, something you can whip up from ingredients you keep on hand, and fast. I like to mix up the seasonings – one of my favorites is to use 1-2 tsp of curry powder along with some heat from a little cayenne or crushed red pepper. But have fun with it and use whatever flavors you enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and black pepper
- garlic salt
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup pistachios
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400 degrees F
- Rinse chickpeas and drain well, roll on a clean towel to dry
- Put chickpeas in a bowl, toss with olive oil, and season to taste with seasonings.
- Spread on a baking sheet, and bake for 20 to 35 minutes, until browned and crunchy. Check the chickpeas occasionally and shake the pan to rotate. Add pistachios for the last 5-10 minutes.